Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dear Collin~

You had your six month check-up today. (I still can't believe you are halfway to a birthday!) You are now 14lbs 1oz, and 26 1/2 inches. 54% for height, but only 3% for weight. You're catching up, though! Dr. Neace was amazed out how advanced your motor skills were, considering you've always been behind in everything. You didn't quite sit up for her, but you practically crawled when she put you on your belly! She's predicting that you will start crawling in the next six weeks, and pulling yourself up not long after that. She also said that, although we have to keep you on your medicine and special formula, we can start feeding you cereal! You are growing up so fast, little man. Before we know it you'll be following Daddy around wanting to do everything he does. You already can't take your eyes off of him when he gets home from work. I love that you adore him, and I love watching you two together. Last night Daddy was getting you ready for your bath and had you on our bed, bouncing on your back. You were actually giggling and kicking, I had never seen you laugh so much! You have a great Dad to grow up with.

You also had your first shots today. You cried, but only until I picked you back up. I can tell you are a lot more tired than usual, though, and grumpy. Which translates to a messy house, late dinner, and lots of cuddle time. It's a trade off I'm not at all unhappy about. :) I should get things done while you're sleeping, but I had to write you a note to remember today. It is so bittersweet to watch you grow. You have been through so much, so many ups and downs, and caused us many, many sleepless night. I'll never forget waiting for you to be born and wondering if you would be ok, and being so thankful you were, and then the whole new world of preemies, and the nights of 20 minutes of sleep at a time. I'm glad you're doing so much better, but I miss my tiny boy! I loved every minute of it, well maybe not the sleepless nights, but it is going by too fast! I just want to kiss your cheeks and hold you tight until I know for sure you'll always know how much we love you. I pray that you will continue to grow healthy until there are no more worries (although I'm sure I"ll find something to worry about :) ) and more importantly, that you will grown into a Godly little boy. Love you, Buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment