Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dear Collin~


The last two weeks have been huge for you! You are doing so many new things. You discovered your tongue (and much to my chagrin, blowing rasberries!). You are almost rolling over, and almost sitting up. You jump in your jumpey, although it looks more like marching. You reach for people, most of all Ellie. You are going down for your naps with almost no fussing, and taking great naps! You've slept through the night the last two nights, bringing my total nights of sleep since you've been born up to 11. You can now not only grab toys, but get them into your mouth!!! I think that's the accomplishment you are most excited about. You reach for my face and give me slobbery, sweet kisses. That's my favorite. :)
After you lost weight and weren't eating a few weeks ago, we decided to put you on formula. You were not at all happy with us, or the bottle, and screamed and cried and ate hardly anything for about two days. I'm so sorry you had to stop nursing. Grandma came and took Ellie for a few days because you were having such a hard time. But finally you decided you liked the bottle! You started with what little breastmilk I could come up with, since by this point your not eating well had affected my milk supply. After a whole day of being on the bottle, we started mixing in formula and we are now almost on all formula. You are doing so well, and gaining weight again. You are also much happier with a full belly, and sleep bettter, which of course means we are both more pleasant!

When you were born, we got you a blue stuffed puppy. Ellie had been so attatched to her elephant that we figured we'd have something on hand for you. You would much preffer your soft, blue blanket but it usually ends up on your face with you screaming. However, you are not at all interested in the blue puppy! You have decided that you are in love with Ellie's Winnie-the-Pooh. And of course, it's the one with the pink shirt! Daddy's on the hunt for one with a blue shirt, or something that is equally cuddly and squishy. For now, you and the pink bear cuddle together and drift off to sleep peacefully.

I started having you play on your own for a few minutes at a time. So far you do pretty good. I've also started Ellie and Collin time, and reading time. Ellie loves her time with you, although I usually have to be close by in case you get a hold of her hair. She loves reading to you and sharing her tea parties. And so far you don't protest too much :) I really hope you two remain friends for a long time.

You are growing so fast. For a while it felt like time had frozen and you would never sleep or eat or grown. But now that you've started, it's flying by. I'm enjoying most every moment. I love the peace and quiet while you are now sleeping, but I also can't wait for you to wake up and greet me with your dimpled, slobbery smile. I love you, buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment